vtenext features a simple but invaluable documents manager.
Documents manager main characteristics:
- Store file type documents (uploaded locally) or links (url from the web);
- Create folders to store documents digitally;
- Assign documents to the user responsible for managing them: e.g., if the module is set as private, each individual users can view only the documents assigned to their name;
- Share documents without sending them by email, by means of the download link;
- Share and provide read/write access to third parties without a vtenext account for revision purposes by means of a special authorisation token;
- Monitor the number of document downloads.
The documents display is arranged in folders or in list mode (List button). Folders can be created (Add Folder) and removed (Delete folders selected with flags).
By default, vtenext have two folders loaded:
- DEFAULT: example folder that allows you to upload your first files
- MESSAGE ATTACHMENTS: which automatically collects all the attachments of the emails connected to the various entities or modules of the crm. For example, if an email is linked from the Messages module to a Contact, the attachment present will turn into a document that we will find directly linked to that same Contact and within this folder.
N.B.: folders containing documents cannot be deleted. First remove all the contents and then you will be able to delete the folder.
The “Attachment type” field offers the following options:
- FILE: upload a file from your computer to the CRM (upload); the file will be saved in the vtenext folders.
- URL: indicate a link to the file position (the file will not be saved in the vtenext folders)
The “Visible on portal” field allows the loaded document to be displayed to enabled contacts in the Customer Portal (see dedicated chapter).