- 1.1 Examples of vtenext application areas
- 1.2 Flows managed by vtenext
- 1.3 Notes on the manual (Disclaimer)
- 1.4 vtenext Business 18.02 Release Note
- 1.5 vtenext Business 18.05 Release Note
- 1.6 vtenext Business 18.12 Release Note
- 1.7 vtenext Business 19.10 Release Note
- 1.8 vtenext Business 20.04 Release Note
- 1.9 vtenext Business 21.01 Release Note
- 1.10 vtenext 21.10 release notes
- 1.11 vtenext Business 21.10.1 Release Note
- 1.12 vtenext Business 22.05 Release Note
vtenext supports management of all customer-related flows, from acquisition to assistance, allowing also intelligent internal/external communication. Customer activities and communications are stored and available for consultation: vtenext centralises all information around the customer, in particular, information that is unstructured by nature (events, emails, documents, messages), thus increasing the value of the company's database. Furthermore, integration towards external systems (mobile, email server, ERP and e-commerce software and so forth) makes vtenext an ideal single working environment.
vtenext is released in two versions:
- vtenext Business: version with assistance fee guaranteeing constant support, updates and bug fixing;
- vtenext Community: free version, with limited functionalities and updates compared to the Business version.
vtenext is the leading open source CRM platform on the Italian market, with more than 19,000 registrations logged to date;
Issued with AGPL-3 license, which provides access to the unencrypted and editable code that can be released to the entire development community;
- Based on internal and community development activities;
- Supported by a certified network of more than eighty partners in Italy and Europe;
- Can operate with MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server and can be installed in Linux or Windows environments;
Can be integrated with the main systems:
- ERP platforms, namely Zucchetti, SAP, Teamsystem, Mago, Esa Software, As400;
- Email: GMail, Zimbra (server side) and Outlook, Thunderbird (client side);
- Documentary references (CMS) and company websites through the use of vtenext web services;
- Vtenext quality standards are based on unique development and design logic;
- Tested in extreme situations with millions of records and hundreds of users working simultaneously;
- Updated according to technological standards and to developments released by the open source community and by the top European software houses;
- Based on Enterprise logic;
- Multiplatform: Windows or Linux;
- Multi-database: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL; Certified on Red hat;
- Verticalised for the main Manufacturing and Service sectors.
1.1 Examples of vtenext application areas
Customer Acquisition & Sales
- Automated acquisition of potential accounts via contact webform; Lists allocation to sales personnel concerned;
- Management of corporate hierarchies, partners, etc.;
- Shared calendar to plan customer actions; Sales negotiations management with forecast reports;
- Sales and administration steps management: Quotes, Sales Orders, Invoices, Delivery Notes;
- Exportation to PDF of offers, invoices, etc. with customised forms.
Communication & Marketing
- Management of multiple personal mailboxes;
- Mail and link conversion towards other CRM objects;
- Target management (segments) of customers database according to key-information;
- Transmission of newsletters and campaign statistics;
- Internal communications through Conversations linked to CRM entities. → Talks
Customer Service & Projects
- Customer assets management: installed products and pending contracts;
- Collection of after-sales requests through different channels;
- Management of queued work processes and SLA times;
- Online customer portal for direct communications and documents sharing;
- Activities tracking and resources scheduling;
- Orders management through Projects, Operations, Deadlines and Gantt charts. → Project Tasks – Milestones
Reports & advanced tools
- Reports and charts on all data in the CRM;
- Notification management system on both hierarchical and personal basis for users (Groups, Roles and Profiles);
- Privileges and security administration through advanced rules and exceptions; CRM layout customisation;
- Workﬂows (automations);
- Creation of interface side customised modules; Schedulable data importation from database;
- Report and supervision of user activities and accesses.
BPMN and company processes mapping:
- Improve company efficiency;
- Execution of company procedures in standard and unequivocal manner; Reduction of human error;
- Reduction of execution times;
- Checking of bottlenecks in the organisation;
- Reduction of procedure learning times;
1.2 Flows managed by vtenext
Customer acquisition cycle
Acquired customer cycle
Purchasing cycle (vendors)
1.3 Notes on the manual (Disclaimer)
The images and functions of vtenext shown in this manual may be subject to minor changes with the release of updates and described according to the version and the current graphic theme.
Screenshots may vary (colours, icons) depending on the configuration.
1.4 vtenext Business 18.02 Release Note
New language packs
Four new language packs can be selected from the user preferences: French, Russian, Polish and Spanish.
New NEXT design theme available
- In addition to the SOFTED theme, the NEXT theme can be selected from user preferences. The graphic layout has been totally revamped with a more modern design in line with the latest trends.
- The module bar is located on the left and can be minimized as an icon. The last icon at the bottom includes all modules and areas.
- The function bar (conversations, notifications, quick creation, etc.) on the right includes a link to the process module and search function.
Displays a list of all processes in vtenext.
The same Search key is used for global as well as specific search functions, according to the
module being used.
For example: from the Trouble Ticket section the user can search a term in that specific section,
in the entire CRM system, or only among the tickets available.
Advanced functions for drawing up BPMN processes / scheduling campaigns with BPMN
- With vtenext, BPMN processes can be created with a higher level of module interaction with N to N relationships (previously 1 to N) and excluding the initial condition (for further details please refer to the BPMN User Manual).
- Conditional fields can be used for process tasks, and the Newsletter module can be used to automatically generate marketing campaigns that send automatic emails based on criteria defined by the user.
- The process layout features different colours according to the tasks selected (NB. the colour is determined automatically by the system).
Processes can be rewound and repeated
For each entity involved in the active process, it is possible to return to a previous step by selecting it from those available (for further details please refer to the BPMN User Manual).
New reporting options (newsletters and clusters)
The REPORTS module now includes:
- A NEWSLETTER module for report creation, with the possibility of adding standard and advanced filters. Statistics and Clicked Links can be displayed from the report columns.
- Clusters for further segmenting results in a summary tab and the graphs, using different colours. The graph results will include the clusters; all the other results will be grouped together in a gray bar.
- When creating a new report, the admin user can program the automated sending of report results in a Pdf or Excel fi le by email, and select the recipients amongst the users.
New reporting options (newsletters and clusters)
REST client web service settable from vtenext
REST web services connect vtenext to any other compatible, external platform. SDKs can be set for external database updating without any obligation to use them. URL addresses can be retrieved through the parameters.
Version check and import/export functions for modifications to MODULES, PROCESSES, PRO-
All new settings for modules, processes, roles and profiles can be saved, generating a new version (e.g. v.1.0). Versions can be exported or imported during setup operations to improve security.
PHP 7 support
vtenext is not compatible with PHP 7 support
In Module Manager> Layout Editor, a new TABLE type field can be added. It consists of a number of fields through which data can be entered on the same line, thus optimizing the way information is displayed. By default it comes in the form of a single line, with field headings. To add other lines, click on ADD LINE.
Individual lines can be either duplicated or deleted.
Automatic target synchronization
With this new function it is no longer necessary to update a target in order to manage a newsletter. The target will be updated automatically in two different ways (as selected by the user):
- Incremental updating: names are added to the target according to the initial filter without ta-
king into account filter variations reguarding records exclusions;
- Complete updating: the target is updated according to the filter value.
Multiple SMTPs can be associated to a single email account
In the Messages module, a different SMTP can be configured for the outgoing mail of each account.
Activities tracking functions using the mobile App
The mobile App tracks activities in order to automatically create calendar events and/or tickets.
The ‘START’ function is available by selecting the three points on the right. ‘PAUSE’ and ‘END’ can be selected from the same menu.
ADDITIONAL OUTLOOK PLUGIN
New entities can be created and connected in the Outlook plug-in
By updating the Outlook plug-in the user can:
- Synchronize Contacts, Events and Tasks both ways with vtenext;
- Connect each email to individual contacts;
- Create new contacts and connect their email address (for example in order to create leads/
tickets/etc. and connect the email address directly to the new contact).
1.5 vtenext Business 18.05 Release Note
The update to version 18.05 provides for the addition of the section relating to the functionality for correct management of the GDPR directive.
All the features and innovations introduced are described in chapter n.7 and n. 18.3.3 of this manual.
1.6 vtenext Business 18.12 Release Note
vtenext becomes more and more a platform able to bidirectionally communicate and connect with the other solutions adopted. This is a relevant feature to allow the spread of the CRM logic and processes in all the areas of the organization.
New standard REST API to ease the integration with other systems, implementation without temporary token and important improvements of the log in procedure, all this together with further developments (meta-done solution), make vtenext a complete solution able to communicate with all the solution used within the organization.
- modules versioning, roles, profiles and conditionals fields;
- New “note” widget, with more intuitive design and functionalities;
- Drag and Drop upload function of single and multiple files with automatic file compression;
- Quick Look Relations, with a preview pop up containing all the relational fields; - CDN feature thanks to which all images and eventual static contents can be distributed through CDN or be on a different server;
- CDN feature thanks to which all images and eventual static contents can be distributed through CDN or be on a different server;
- the Customer Portal, simplified developments, SDK functions use and the possibility to read conditional fields;
- Dynamic Forms, with import blocks and form fields in dynamic forms;
- GDPR, with support to the Business Units;
- vtenext 18.12 offers better performances thanks to the PHP 7.2 support.
1.7 vtenext Business 19.10 Release Note
Automatic updates from the interface
This makes it easier to keep the system constantly updated so new functions can be released more frequently, with milestones for any technical constraints (e.g.: PHP Version)
Addition of BPMN engine
1. Deadlines Management: dynamic periods can be set up in the process timers, such as: 3 months prior to contract expiry date, etc.
2. Send Notifications: the centralised notification system can be enabled from the process for single notifications or by cycling through a table field
3. Transfer Relations: related entities can be transferred (1:N) or copied (N:N) from one record to another
4. Cycle Related Entity Tables: makes it possible to cycle a table field present in records connected to the record currently being processed
5. Date functions:
- International date formats
- Current date (formatted)
- Difference between dates
6. PDFMaker: possibility of selecting entities and records to which to link the PDF and especially the template in the language to be used for creation of the process PDF
7. Dynamic form attachments: you can upload a file from a popup menu/dynamic form; the file is related to the process parent record
8. Reading of extended web service client attributes: in the case of multiple JSON results from WSCLI, all first level attributes of the returned object can be used
9. Improvements in usability and compatibility of the GUI process editor
10. Filterable and sortable processes list
11. Right side interactive indicator: as shown in the image on the right (Fig. 1), pending processes that require action from the user will be notified (web, mobile); clicking on the icon will make it possible to view the complete list of pending processes.